Thursday, August 9, 2012

"The Martian Olympics" (1960)


I have to be away from my blog for a few weeks so I thought I would give you a fun mystery to ponder. I recently got a serialized story that most people haven't read. The author is well known to all of you who read this blog. In fact, in some way, they are responsible for this blog. I am also fond of the artist who illustrated it. I will eventually post the whole story.


I find these illustrations the perfect "mash-up" of how most of us have been spending our time; watching both the Olympics and Mars on TV.

Any guesses? Please leave a comment.



2 comments:

  1. It looks like an old Fred Freeman piece about the first astronauts visiting Mars. They are greeted by an advanced civilization who look human except for enlarged craniums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would the author be Von Braun?

    ReplyDelete